The award for the best jokes at this year's Edinburgh Fringe has been given to Canadian comic Stewart Francis for this joke: "You know who really gives kids a bad name?..
.. Posh and Becks.
(This might need some explanation. He's referring to soccer star David Beckham, married to Victoria ["Posh Spice"]), who have conferred many "interesting" names on their children, such as their daughter "Harper Seven.")
The rest of 2012's best one liners are:
2. Tim Vine - "Last night me and my girlfriend watched three DVDs back to back. Luckily I was the one facing the telly. "
3. Will Marsh - "I was raised as an only child, which really annoyed my sister."
4. Rob Beckett - "You know you're working class when your TV is bigger than your book case."
5. Chris Turner - "I'm good friends with 25 letters of the alphabet… I don't know Y."
6. Tim Vine - "I took part in the sun tanning Olympics - I just got Bronze."
7. George Ryegold - "Pornography is often frowned upon, but that's only because I'm concentrating."
8. Stewart Francis - "I saw a documentary on how ships are kept together. Riveting!"
9. Lou Sanders - "I waited an hour for my starter so I complained: 'It's not rocket salad."
10. Nish Kumar - "My mum's so pessimistic, that if there was an Olympics for pessimism… she wouldn't fancy her chances."
Links to earlier years' winners at the Metafilter link.